Features Timeline October 2019
Here is what is available and what is up next for you to enjoy!
- MVP online – We are happy to announce that our MVP is days away from being available for you to test.
- Public Beta Started – Just a few days left until you will enjoy our lessons that match your own level of experience.
- 47K – Lines of code using React Native and NodeJs, ready for the Web, Android and iOS
- 12 Team Members – 7 coding, 2 design, 3 Marketing.
- 2 years of research – The next generation of tutorials will kick ass! We want to lead the way towards this future.
Sep 2017 – Completed – 0.1.0, 0.2.0, 0.3.0
Code tags for explaining difficult snippets
The entire project started from the desire to improve studying coding. Often times while working I had to study on the go. I found it very difficult to quickly learn the missing important commands.
- Code Snippets – Early experiments with rendering code samples
- Topic Steps – Lesson steps guide your attention where it matters
- Tooltips – You can go straight to the interesting lessons and learn the ABC on the go
Apr 2018 – Completed – 0.3.0, 0.4.0
Increased Freedom To explore
Studying rigid courses in fixed order is extremely time consuming. The best way to study is trough practice. Our lessons are built such that you can study them in any order.
- Lesson Page – Lesson steps guide your attention where it matters
- Lesson Navigator – Related topics are always available for you to explore
- Courses [ Deprecated ] – Not pursued anymore. It inhibits exploration and fast learning
Mar 2019 – Ongoing – 0.5.0, 0.6.0, 0.11.0
Connecting millions of documents
We started experimenting with Tensor Flow and Natural Language Processing. We want to connect the ABC of programming in all our lessons allowing you to jump straight to the interesting projects.
- Labelling Text – Each new lesson is scanned and topics are identified for each lesson fragment
- Autolinks – We will help authors by suggesting tooltip insertions for the ABC of coding
- Web Crawler – The learning map will feature the best lessons, internal or external
Aug 2019 – Completed 0.4.0, 0.5.0, 0.6.0
Find the best learning material out there
The learning map helps you discover high impact tutorials. You can easily gain awareness of the big picture and a clear sense of direction.
- Learning Map – State your goals, we will indicate how to get there fast
- Admin – Admin tools for lessons, learning map, source code & account settings
- Tutorials Editor – We have created the first tutorial editor
Sep 2019 – Completed – 0.7.0, 0.8.0
Lessons match your own level of experience
You can move faster through areas you feel comfortable with or you can slow down and get more help
- Elastic Lessons – Elastic Lessons match your own level of experience
- Nano Lessons – Fill up know-how gaps without leaving the current lesson
Oct 2019 – Work In Progress – 0.8.0, 0.9.0, 0.10.0
Stabilization of existing features
We are preparing the application for the big reveal. Our basic features are almost ready for real world usage.
- Adaptive Design – We have upgraded the UX and design for an enjoyable experience
- User Manual – Even if we present just the prototype it still needs some usage instructions
- Code Cleanup – We are getting the app ready for the first contact with the world. Fingers Crossed
Feb 2020 – Selected For Dev – 0.11.0, 0.12.0
Easily follow the lesson instructions
Learning the fundamentals is now so much easier. With clearly labeled states and transitions you can comfortable navigate even the most complex systems
- Code Annotations – Never stop to search programming keywords again
- App Flows – Review and analyze complex app flows at a glance
- Code Flow – Complex architectures no longer hold secrets when explained using the right tools
Feb 2020 – Planned – 0.11.0, 0.12.0
Many more advanced teaching tools planned ahead
We have spent the last 2 years bringing to life just the core ideas of the platform: learning map and elastic lessons. Many more features will be developed to help you learn faster.
- Goals & Progress – State your goals, we will indicate how to get there fast
- Topic Teams – Collaboration and maintenance tools optimized for teams of authors
- Lesson Player – Classroom & conference mode, optimized for outdoors and presentations
- Heatmaps – Use crowd sentiment and trends to find the relevant techs
- Reminders – We will let you know when stuff you’ve learned needs a refresher
- Exams – Test your knowledge, find weak spots and fix them fast
- Marketplace – A rich and vibrant ecosystem full of bleeding edge teaching tooling
- 3D Graphics – Improved graphics capabilities for advanced visualizations